SF6 substation 1x leaking GIB/tank flange.
Composite encapsulated leak repair – large flange, reducing shell, large resin fill. Suitable for nuclear and power plant substation installations. Adaptable to various types of flanges. Temperatures ranging from -20°C to +65°C (-4°F to +149°F).
The 3X ReflangeKit® concept is based on a composite double shell system that encapsulates the leaking flange. The first shell covers and protects the flange collecting SF6 leaks. The second shell contains specific resin. An exhaust valve allows the SF6 gas to escape during resin injection. After overnight curing of resin, the valve is closed and sealed giving a 100% seal and leak free composite repair.
- Online & under pressure installation
- Non invasive system (no risk of resin intrusion into the flange)
- Bolt and screw protection
- Easy disassembly
- Cost effective installation (costly consignation avoided)
SF6 leak remediation was a success, and the flange is in service today. The client has commissioned the EMT Site Services team for further scheduled repair works.
- Cover/inspection plates
- Cover plates with small bore adapter and pipework
- GIB–GIB straight flanges
- Complex multi-flange GIB
EMT Site Services
- High level site services working standards
- Fully trained site services personnel
- All works completed within the designated timeframe or less
- 100% leak remediation record
- The most challenging of SF6 leaking flange/asset styles fixed
Other Site Services
- SF6 leak surveys and leak detection
- SF6 gas handling services
- Gas recycling
- SF6 training programmes
- Rental/lease SF6 instruments