SF6 substation 6x leaking GIB/GIB flanges.
Composite encapsulated leak repair – GIB/GIB straight, medium resin fill. Suitable for nuclear and power plant substation installations. Adaptable to various types of flanges. Temperatures ranging from -20°C to +65°C (-4°F to +149°F).
The 3X ReflangeKit® concept is based on a composite double shell system that encapsulates the leaking flange. The first shell covers and protects the flange collecting SF6 leaks. The second shell contains specific resin. An exhaust valve allows the SF6 gas to escape during resin injection. After overnight curing of resin, the valve is closed and sealed giving a 100% seal and leak free composite repair.
- Online & under pressure installation
- Non invasive system (no risk of resin intrusion into the flange)
- Bolt and screw protection
- Easy disassembly
- Cost effective installation (costly consignation avoided)
SF6 leak remediation was a success. EMT Site Services have saved the client significant revenue and prevented SF6 leaks from entering the environment. SF6 savings for multiple clients across all projects completed to date currently stands at 1584 Kg/yr, that’s equivalent to 36,115 metric tons of Carbon Dioxide, or 4,393,148,505 smartphones charged (CO2e), or 4,063,824 gallons of car fuel (CO2e) – well done to our Site Services team, keep up the good work!
- Cover /inspection plates
- Cover plates with small bore adapter and pipework
- GIB/tank flange
- Complex multi flange GIB
EMT Site Services
- High level site services working standards
- Fully trained site services personnel
- All works completed within the designated timeframe or less
- 100% leak remediation record
- The most challenging of SF6 leaking flange/asset styles fixed
Other Site Services
- SF6 leak surveys and leak detection
- SF6 gas handling services
- Gas recycling
- SF6 training programmes
- Rental/lease SF6 instruments