SF6 Leak Repair Solutions
As electric utilities globally aim to reduce their CO2 footprints, leaking SF6 assets present challenges to carbon neutrality. SF6 gas leaks from circuit breakers are detrimental to personnel, plant and the environment; so failure to prevent, detect, manage and repair these can result in significant cost. EMT’s approach to leak management addresses all these concerns and solves leakage problems permanently utilising online SF6 flanged asset repairs.
3X REFLANGEKiT® concept is based on a double shell system that encapsulates the leaking flange. The first shell, made in PVC, will cover and protect the flange and collect SF6 leaks. The second, hard shell contains specific resins. An exhaust valve allows the SF6 gas to escape during resin injection. After overnight curing of the resin, the valve is closed and sealed. With this original system, flange and bolts are protected during resin injection and disassembly, and the product can be easily removed without damage. Reflange kits may be installed under high pressure conditions without the need to degas the asset, providing fast and low cost repairs, and minimisation of power outages.
To guarantee the effectiveness and sustainability of the product, installation is performed by highly trained and certified EMT specialists.
- SF6 GIS and GIB 220-400Kv flanges
- Medium voltage 132Kv porcelain bushings
- Energy utilities and nuclear power plants
- District Network Operator assets
- Custom build repairs for various flange styles
- Online and under pressure installation
- No invasive system
- Easy disassembly
- Cost effective installation
- Does not require power outage (subject to flange location)
- Protects shunts, bolt heads and flange seals
- Fast repairs and low cost