SF6 substation 3x leaking flanges
New cover plate repairs. Suitable for nuclear and power plant substation installations. Adaptable to various types of flanges. Temperatures ranging from -20°C to +65°C (-4°F to +149°F).
The 3X ReflangeKit® concept is based on a composite double shell system that encapsulates the leaking flange. The first shell covers and protects the flange collecting SF6 leaks. The second shell contains specific resin. An exhaust valve allows the SF6 gas to escape during resin injection. After overnight curing of resin, the valve is closed and sealed giving a 100% seal and leak free composite repair.
- Online & under pressure installation
- Non invasive system (no risk of resin intrusion into the flange)
- Bolt and screw protection
- Easy disassembly
- Cost effective installation (costly consignation avoided)
SF6 leak remediation was a success, and the flange remains in service. Further, more complex repairs are planned as part of a contract to complete a number of SF6 flange repairs across multiple sites.
- Cover plates with small bore adapter and pipework
- GIB/tank flange
- GIB/GIB straight flanges
- Complex multi flange GIB
EMT Site Services
- High level site services working standards
- Fully trained site services personnel
- All works completed within the designated timeframe or less
- 100% leak remediation record
- The most challenging of SF6 leaking flange/asset styles fixed